Council on Aging and Adult Development Award Meritorious Service Award
- The award is presented to an individual who has contributed to the improvement of the lifestyle of the active older adult.
- The candidate must have fulfilled two of the following criteria:
- Taught active older adult groups for a minimum of five years.
- Conducted research that investigated more comfort or better health for the active older adult.
- Fulfilled a leadership position or positions that organized older adult activities for a minimum of five years. (e. g. Senior Games)
- The candidate must provide two letters of support to validate his/her record of service.
- The awards will be announced using the procedures established for other ED awards.
- The contact person will be the Chair of the CAAD Committee.
- The Chair of the CAAD Committee will distribute the application form. (see below)
- The CAAD Committee will only consider applications that contain all required information.
- The CAAD Committee will only consider applications that are received by the deadline established for all ED awards. (October 15)
- Members of the CAAD Committee will review the applications and make appropriate recommendations to the ED Awards Committee.
The award will be presented at the Awards Banquet at the ED Convention.
States or individuals may nominate candidates and submit to:
6 Ascoli Drive
Wallingford, CT 06492
Deadline: October 15