ED Honor Award
The ED Honor Award is the highest award the Eastern District bestows upon a member. It exudes professionalism, dedication, character, and service. To achieve this level of distinction is a testimony to one's career and involvement.
- SHAPE America Membership: The nominee shall have been a member of SHAPE America for a minimum of ten years including the year he/she is considered for the award. Former SHAPE America members who have retired from the profession are exempt from this requirement.
- Education: A Bachelor's and Master's Degree are preferred or substantial evidence of continued professional development in the fields of health, physical education, recreation or dance.
- Character: Ethical behavior consistent with the accepted ideals of the profession.
- Service: Contributions have been made primarily through professional associations at the state, district, or national levels with evidence of leadership in a least five (5) of the following categories:
- President or Vice President of a District Association
- President or Officer of SHAPE America or Council
- Member of SHAPE America Board of Directors
- President or Officer of a State Association
- Chair or member of at least three committees or program sections at state, district or national levels.
- President, Officer or Chair of Organization in the Profession
- Community or Professional Service Relating to the Profession
- Committee Membership or Leadership of Note at Place of Employment
- Presentations, workshops or addresses before educational and/or civic groups in health, physical education, recreation, or dance given in person, via radio, television, or the internet.
- Evidence of published research or professional articles or book chapters in health, physical education, recreation or dance.
- Author or co-author of one or more professional books.
- Other Professional Honors Received
- Outstanding original contribution or unusual service to the profession which has affected its philosophy or practices, not included in the above categories.
- Application form, support letters and a photo are submitted electronically by October 25 to the person listed below.
States or individuals may nominate candidates and submit to:
6 Ascoli Drive
Wallingford, CT 06492
Deadline: October 15