EDA Outstanding Future Professional
The Outstanding Future Professional Award reflects EDA's commitment to our future leaders. Each state, district, and territory in the Eastern District is eligible to submit two outstanding future professionals for recognition at the EDA level. Students are selected by their respective state, district, or territory and then their credentials are forwarded along to the Eastern District student adviser so that we can coordinate a rewarding experience for them at that year's Eastern District annual convention.
The following minimum criteria must be met in order to qualify:
- Students must attend a college or university within the Eastern District
- Students must be an undergraduate majoring in an HPERD discipline.
- Students must be current members of their state HPERD Association & must be a member of SHAPE America, or be willing to join, if selected. Documentation of SHAPE America membership will be required to attend the EDA Convention.
- A two year active membership in the State/Local HPERD Association is suggested, but not required
- Minimum grade point average of 3.00 (4.00 = A).
Selection ProcessApplication Form
States or individuals may nominate candidates and submit to:
P.O. Box 953
South Royalton, VT 05068
Deadline: December 15