Professional Development Grant
The purpose of the Professional Development Grant is to encourage increased participation in the Eastern District Association by having professionals in the disciplines of HPERD attend the EDA Convention. The Professional Development Grant program will provide financial support of $150.00 for qualified individuals to attend the EDA convention.
- To encourage more professional involvement in the Eastern District Association.
- To help applicants defray the financial obligation for attending the EDA Convention.
- To familiarize state members with the Eastern District Association and the opportunities the EDA has to offer.
- To provide the link between state members and SHAPE America.
- Grants will be awarded to qualifying applicants. All efforts will be made to identify applicants from different states. Any remaining grants may be awarded to additional applicants from the same state. Please note: Individuals may receive an EDA Professional Development Grant only one time.
- Applicants must be first time attendees OR have not attended an EDA Convention in more than five years.
- Applicants must be employed within the disciplines of health, physical education, recreation or dance in the Eastern District Association.
- Applicants must be current members of their state affiliated association.
- Applicants must complete and return the application form in a timely fashion. The application must be postmarked by the date on the bottom of this application.
- Applicants may not be a current EDA Executive Board or Council Member at the time of applying.
- An important aspect of selection will be the applicant's statement regarding how the Professional Development Grant will enable them to attend the convention.
Once approved as a grant recipient, a letter of verification will be mailed with a payment voucher. Upon confirmed attendance at the EDA convention, the recipient of the grant is requested to mail a copy of their convention registration receipt with the voucher to the Executive Director of EDA for processing payment.