These processes are only for the Midwest District Awards which are listed below. SHAPE America Awards for which the Midwest District Awards Committee selects the Midwest representative go directly to SHAPE America. The due date for these awards is October 15. These include the:
- Elementary Physical Education Teacher of the Year
- Middle School Physical Education Teacher of the Year
- High School Physical Education Teacher of the Year
- Adapted Physical Education Teacher of the Year
- Health Education Professional of the Year School K-12 Award
- College/University Dance Educator of the Year
- K-12 Dance Educator of the Year
Midwest District Awards
The following are awards given to Midwest District members that are not connected to SHAPE America awards.
- Honor Award
- Meritorious Service Award
- Scholar Award
- Young Professional Award
- Outstanding Student Award
- Recreation Professional/Leisure Educator of the Year Award
- Midwest Association for College and University Physical Education (MACUPE) Scholar/Lecture Award
The nominations for these awards go directly to the Midwest District Awards Committee Chair:
Marilyn M. Buck
Ball State University
Muncie, IN 47306
Nominations for these awards require submission of the award cover sheet and one page maximum addressing each of the award qualifications (typed, double-spaced). Letters of recommendation can also be attached. Due date is September 15.
It is preferred that all nomination materials be submitted electronically but one hard copy can also be sent to the Midwest Awards Committee chair at the address listed above.