College/University Health Education Professional of the Year Award
This Award honors a college/university professional in health education employed within the southern district states.
- Candidates must have 5 years of experience in health education at the college/university level
- Must be an SHAPE America member for a minimum of 3 years
- Current members of the Health Education Professional of the Year Awards Committee or their families are not eligible
- Each candidate must demonstrate 3 out of 4 of the specific contributions criteria as follows:
- Position of leadership in developing and implementing or directing/coordinating effective health education/promotion programs
- Meritorious service through involvement at local, state, district or national level or at the school or community level
- Service to within an SHAPE America health structure or other health professional organizations at the state, district, or national level as an officer or committee member
- Evidence of leadership and service to the profession through 3 of the following: teaching, publications, presentations, funded research or programs, special projects, or health-related activities.
Deadline for Nominations: September 15
Send name and address of nominee to:
852 Lincoln Drive
Fredericksburg, VA 22407