College/University Health Education Professional of the Year Award
This award honors a college/university professional in health education employed within the Southern District states.
- Candidates must have five years of experience at the college/university level;
- Must be a current SHAPE America member for a minimum of three years;
- Current members of the Health Education Professional of the Year Awards Committee or their families are not eligible;
- Each candidate must demonstrate three out of four of the specific contributions criteria as follows:
- Position of leadership in developing and implementing or directing/coordinating effective health education/promotion programs;
- Meritorious service through involvement at local, state, district or national level or at the school or community level;
- Service within a SHAPE America health structure or other health professional organizations at the state, district or national level as an officer or committee member;
- Evidence of leadership and service to the profession through three of the following: teaching, publications, presentations, funded research or programs, special projects, or health-related activities.
Deadline for Nominations: September 15
Send name and address of nominee to Fran Meyer at firstname.lastname@example.org.