Recreation Professional of the Year Award
The Recreation Professional of the Year Award honors distinguished professionals in the field of leisure and recreation.
- Serves as a positive role model epitomizing the values and desired outcomes of recreation;
- Demonstrates enthusiasm for the recreation profession and a personal role in it;
- Shows interest in, and sensitivity to, the needs of students, clients, and fellow professionals;
- Utilizes various methodologies and implements creative, innovative, safe, and effective courses and recreation programs based on:
- the developmental, social, and psychological needs of participants; and
- the needs, purposes, philosophies, and resources of the sponsoring institution;
- Assumes responsibility for professional growth;
- Evidences professional commitment through membership and involvement in appropriate professional organizations;
- Is currently a member of SHAPE America.
Deadline for Nominations: September 15
Send name and address of nominee to Fran Meyer at firstname.lastname@example.org.