North American Society of Health, Physical Education, Recreation, Sport and Dance Professionals
Society of Health and Physical Educators (SHAPE America) and
Physical and Health Education Canada (PHE Canada)
Established in 1999, the North American Society (NAS) recognizes outstanding professionals from within the allied professions of health education, physical education, recreation, sport and dance in North America.
Individuals who are currently members of SHAPE America or PHE Canada, are eligible to apply if they have demonstrated OUTSTANDING competence through professional involvement over a period of at least 20 years and meet at least TWO of the identified aspects of professional endeavor:
- Service as an educator in the public or private sector within any community or educational setting.
- Administration within the public or private sector within any community or educational setting.
- Significant contributions to the professional literature within their discipline.
- Significant contributions to the scholarly literature within their discipline.
- Sustained involvement in leadership activities within their discipline.
- Other evidence of leadership within the profession including service to the community at large.
Download the list of NAS Fellows thru 2014