2015 National Coaching Conference
The United States Coaching Education Coalition (USOC, NCAA, NFHS, SHAPE America and NSCA) and the College of Physical Activities and Sport Sciences at West Virginia University are pleased to announce that the 2015 National Coaching Conference will be held June 10-12 in Morgantown, WV. The National Coaching Conference is the Coalition's opportunity to bring together coaches, coach educators/developers and sport science researchers for the enrichment of coaching and sport.
The theme for the 2015 National Coaching Conference is Physical Literacy: The Launching Pad for Lifetime Athletic Development and Performance. The program will focus on current research and practice models for optimal integration of athletic development for both participation and peak performance.
2015 National Coaching Conference Goals:
- Bring in top speakers, coaches, researchers, and administrators to share their knowledge in formal presentations, breakout sessions, and dynamic panels.
- Provide coaches, coach educators, sports scientists, and high performance directors/administrators with the chance to network, talk, discuss, and debate issues and ideas with their colleagues.
- Celebrate the profession of coaching and recognizing great coaches at all levels of sport.
- Encourage attendees to implement the National Standards for Sport Coaches (NASPE, 2006) at their institutions of higher learning and/or sport programs, etc.
- Empower attendees to implement best practices learned at the conference and continue to seek, share, and implement ideas and programs throughout the year.