|Go To||Home | Teachers | Administrators | Professors | Future Professionals | Parents | Coaches|
Be an Active School Champion
SHAPE America sets the standard for highly effective health and physical education programs and our resources will help you advance your health and physical education instructional practices and policies.
Check out these helpful tools for K-12 teachers to advance best practice and activate your school. Be sure to also review additional resources for:
Lead the development of a comprehensive school physical activity program (CSPAP) in your school.
Here's How You Can Get StartedEvaluate your program and instruction
- Use the Physical Education Program Checklist
- Understand the Essential Components of Physical Education
- Follow the National Standards
- Learn more about Appropriate Practices in School-Based Health Education as well as Physical Education
- Integrate new activity ideas using SHAPE America's dance resources and grade-level activity calendars
Commit yourself to lifelong learning
- Take advantage of professional development opportunities for health and physical education teachers
- Register your school to hold a Jump Rope For Heart and Hoops For Heart event
- Promote an active learning environment through Let's Move! Active Schools and PYFP
- Learn from free process featuring discussions relevant to health and physical educators
- Take advantage of SHAPE America's live and archived webinars
Communicate your passion about the profession
- Lead your school's efforts to incorporate at least 60 minutes of daily physical activity before, during and after school for all students
- Join or renew your membership in SHAPE America
- Network and get expert advice on Exchange, SHAPE America's online member community
- Get involved and inspire other educators with your ideas!
- Use advocacy resources to garner local, state and national legislative support for health and physical education