SHAPE America believes that all youth should have equitable access to participation in multiple sports and physical activities that are safe, rewarding, and developmentally appropriate. Further, we believe that organized sport and physical activity programs should be conducted and coached by individuals with requisite knowledge of positive youth development. We understand the potential impacts that coaches may have on the development of young people and because of this, SHAPE America offers a broad array of programs, products and services for youth and interscholastic sport coaches, coach educators and sport researchers alike. We offer:
- Accreditation for coaching education and sport management programs through the National Council for Accreditation of Coaching Education (NCACE) and the Commission on Sport Management Accreditation (COSMA)
- Standards for coaching education and coaching behaviors: Quality Coaches, Quality Sports: National Standards for Sport Coaches, 2nd Edition
- Professional development through the annual National Coaching Conference
- Online resources through our Coach's Toolbox
- The International Sport Coaching Journal, a new publication that advances the fields of coaching through research articles, informative essays, experiential accounts, and systematic applications that enhance the education, development of knowledge and leadership, and best practices of coaches.