Benefits for Your School
February is Celebrate Heart Month
- Register your school to participate in Jump Rope and Hoops For Heart;
- Download activities and event tips from The Pulse newsletter and Teacher's Toolbox; and
- Share success stories and best practices with event coordinators around the country on The Exchange.
Jump Rope For Heart...
- is a great service learning project that offers students a terrific way to learn about community service
- integrates physical activity and critical thinking skills as students learn about, and participate in the event
- encourages cooperative activity
- provides a fun way to support physical and health education standards
- gives your school gift certificates for physical education equipment based on dollars raised
Jump Rope For Heart helps fund research and educational programs that impact your community - an important reason to participate. But the best reason of all to join this event is that kids love it!
Take our infographic to your Principal or next PTA meeting and show them the value of the programs.
Your school will be eligible for gift certificates for physical education equipment based on the amount raised by your JRFH event. Learn more...
Why JRFH/HFH is so Important!
Heart disease ranks as this nation's No. 1 killer; stroke is No. 5 and a leading cause of serious disability. Every year, 1 million people die from cardiovascular disease and stroke. That's 1 of every 2.5 deaths in the United States. These diseases may remain critical problems in the future because of poor lifestyle habits among American adults and children. For example, only one in ten Americans exercises for 30 minutes or more every day.
- Over 15 percent of children and adolescents are now overweight.
- 4 million children have above-normal blood pressure.
- 27 million children have high cholesterol.
Healthy lifestyles can help prevent heart disease and stroke. Good nutrition, physical activity, staying tobacco free, and maintaining a healthy blood pressure and weight are all part of a healthy lifestyle. Jump Rope For Heart helps get this message across to students.