Inclusive JRFH Adapted Program Ideas - Part I
With modifications, all students can participate in a JRFH event. Some possible modifications include these activities:
- Imaginary Jump Rope. Who needs a jump rope? This way students can jump for extended periods of time and never miss!
- Taped X on the Floor. Students do an "imaginary jump rope" on the X to increase coordination and control.
- Jump/Hop without moving off the X.
- Jump/Hop on and off the X.
- Jump/Hop back and forth over the X.
Single Rope/Line Taped on Floor
- Jump/step/hop over the rope/line forward/backward/side/side.
- Jump/step/hop over rope/line forward, then turn around and jump back.
- Jump/step/hop back and forth down the length of the rope/line, the turn around and come back.
- Wheelchair over rope/line forward/backward.
- Pop a wheelie over the rope, then turn and back over it.
- Lying on a scooter, push/pull the length of the rope/line.
- Sitting on floor, legs parallel to rope/line, and hand on either side, perform upper body lift./press back and forth over line.
- Crawl over the rope/line (hands and knees don't touch rope/line).
- Roll, crawl or creep the length of the rope/line.
Taped Lines on the Floor (two or more in a series taped 3-5 feet apart).
- Jump/step/hop forward over the lines to the end without stopping, then turn around and come back.
- Jump/step/hop forward to the end, without turning.
- Jump/step/hop backwards.
- Jump/step/hop sideways to the end and then back.
Hula Hoop taped on floor
- Jump/step in and out forward/backward, side/side
- Jump/step in, turnaround, jump out Crawl in and out without touching hoop - Hula Hoop hand held
- Turn 360 degrees and jump/step over
- Swing back and forth, jump/step over
- Held vertically by partner/aid step through