Resources for Your Event
One of the perks of participating in the Jump Rope For Heart and Hoops For
Heart programs is the opportunity to teach the younger generation about heart
healthy living. There are many ways to live healthy, and it's important to
teach students how regular exercise, a healthy diet, and knowledge of risk factors
can contribute to a long, healthy life. Physically active kids have better
attendance, focus, behavior and academic performance. Encourage life-long,
healthy habits in your students by including cross-curricular heart-health
education in your event!
Materials provided through the Jump Rope For Heart and Hoops For Heart programs enhance your professional development. Both programs satisfy the physical and health education standards as determined by SHAPE America. Check out some of the resources below:
- Learn how JRFH and HFH align with the National Standards for Physical Education.
- Read Q&A with a school superintendent on gaining top-level support.
- Download a fact sheet to learn more about the program benefits.
- Register your school to participate in Jump Rope and Hoops For Heart.
- Download activities and event tips from The Pulse newsletter.
- Check out SHAPE America resources like Teacher's Toolbox, Activity Share, and Activity Calendar.
- Share success stories and best practices with event coordinators around the country on The Exchange.
- Find JRFH and HFH specific resources from the American Heart Association.
- Create a healthy home through AHA's healthy habits and Life's Simple 7
Find and Share Additional Resources on our Facebook Page!