Apply for the SHAPE America JRFH/HFH Grant Program
About the Grant
Each year the National Joint Projects Office awards 10 grants to recognize Jump Rope For Heart and Hoops For Heart Coordinators for their passion and contribution to the program. The $2,500 grant supports professional development and provides funds to purchase school equipment.
How to Apply
Download the 2016-2017 program application for required criteria. Please note, all grant applications must be submitted electronically and received no later than 12 a.m. EST on December 1, 2016.
Grantees will receive:
- $1,300 professional development stipend to attend the 2017 SHAPE America National Convention & Expo in Boston, MA from March 14-18, 2017. The stipend may be used towards convention registration, travel, lodging and/or per diem.
- One-year SHAPE America membership (if you are not a current SHAPE America member) and (1) copy of the 2014 National Standards & Grade-Level Outcomes for K-12 Physical Education.
- $1,200 US Games gift certificate redeemable for equipment to enhance your school's physical education program. The gift voucher will be presented at the 2017 SHAPE America National Convention & Expo in Boston, MA.
- Invitations to special events where you will meet physical education and JRFH/HFH leaders from around the country.
- Opportunity to share what makes your program special by contributing to The Pulse, JRFH/HFH national newsletter.