SHAPE America is recognized as a multiple event provider of health education contact hours by the National Commission for Health Education Credentialing, Inc. (NCHEC). SHAPE America offers Category I Health Education Contact Hours to Certified Health Education Specialists (CHES) in several forms:
American Journal of Health Education
The AJHE offers two self-study articles and questions per issue. Read the articles and answer the questions in each issue. Then send the response form and fees to SHAPE America. Each article is worth 1 credit hour. Earn up to 12 credit hours per year with AJHE self-study! Learn More...
SHAPE America Webinar Series
SHAPE America offers Continuing Education credits for both CHES & MCHES virtual attendees of webinar presentations. Each webinar attended is worth 1 credit hour. Learn more...
Attend state, district and SHAPE America National Convention and Exposition; all SHAPE America sessions are approved for Category I hours. 30+ hours are available each year at the National Convention and Exposition.
Service to SHAPE America
Fill out the Service to SHAPE America forms to receive credit for CHES/MCHES:
- Journal Article - One CECH credit for preparing article
- Develop AAHE/CEU materials content and/or questions – CECH credit(s); will equal the total approved CEU hours for that material
- Develop AAHE/CEU materials/presentation content – CECH credit(s); will equal the total approved CECH hours for that material – MCHES – must relate to MCHES sub-competencies.
- NCATE Review(s) – Three CEU credits per calendar year (not per review)
- SABPAC Review(s) – Three CEU credits per calendar year (not per review)