The RQES Lecture
Established in 2006, the Research Quarterly for Exercise and Sport Lecture provides for in-depth coverage of a research topic and an opportunity to give formal peer recognition to persons who have made outstanding contributions to the research represented in the sections of the RQES.
Past RQES Lecturers
- 2014: Mark Fischman, Auburn University
Motor Planning for Object Manipulation—Coming to "Grips" With the Problem
- 2013: Weimo Zhu, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Science and Art of Setting Standards (Cutoff Scores) in Kinesiology
- 2012: Weimo Zhu, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (CONVENTION CANCELLED)
- 2011: Russell Pate, University of South Carolina
Does Physical Education Have a Long Term Public Health Impact?
Patty S. Freedson, University of Massachusetts-Amherst
The Whys and Hows of Physical Activity Assessment
- 2009: James R. Morrow, Jr., University of North Texas
Statewide Physical Fitness Testing: Big Waist or Big Waste?
- 2008: Barbara E. Ainsworth, Arizona State University
Evidence-Based Approaches to Promoting Physical Activity
Deborah L. Feltz, Michigan State University
Efficacy Belief in Sport: Research on Athletes, Teams, and Coaches
Kathleen Williams, University of North Carolina at Greensboro
Where Are We Now? Where Are We Going?