Physical Activity Leader (PAL) Learning System & Training
The first of its kind, the Physical Activity Leader (PAL) Learning System is a cutting-edge, all-inclusive professional development resource within the Let's Move! Active Schools framework.
Adaptable to individual school environments, the PAL Learning System develops and supports individuals who will champion an effort to ensure 60 minutes a day of physical activity for all school-age youth.
The PAL Learning System begins with a one-day in person leadership workshop. PALs leave with:
- The formula and tools for making sustainable change and shifting the culture of physical education and physical activity in their community.
- Data to clearly communicate and make the case for a Comprehensive School Physical Activity Program (CSPAP).
- Leadership skills to engage colleagues and the community in support of implementing 60 minutes a day of physical activity for school-aged youth.
- A personalized implementation and action plan.
- The ability to demonstrate the effectiveness of site-selected CSPAP components.
The skill building, leadership workshop is targeted for groups of 30-50 Physical Activity Leaders (PALs). PAL trainers, training materials, communications and logistical support are all provided at no cost.
Founded a on federal model and with support from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and Department of Education, the PAL Learning System does not culminate after the one day training. Instead, it sets champions up for success with 12 months of continued learning and support.
After PALs complete the in-person workshop, they will unlock access to a collaborative online community of other PALs. All members of the community will not only join in knowledge sharing, success stories, discussion boards and innovative problem-solving approaches, but they will also enjoy 24/7 access to thought leaders and PAL trainers.
The ultimate goal of the PAL Learning System is to prepare champions to be the best possible advocates for physical education and physical activity in schools. With participation in this action-focused training, PALs are primed and ready to be change catalysts in their school communities. Ultimately, PALs are at the forefront of getting our nation's kids moving again.
For more information on the PAL Learning System and to schedule training, please email: PAL@shapeamerica.org.