FREE Human Kinetics Coaching Leadership Webinar Series
Led by renowned coaching education expert and SHAPE America member Dr. Wade Gilbert, Human Kinetics Coach Education is proud to bring the coaching community this three-part series of leadership-focused webinars designed to help coaches understand what motivates them as coaches, how to draw the best out of their athletes, and how to build team cohesion. See below for the list of topics that will be presented.
Demonstrating Core Values and Clear Purpose in Coaching
The world's most successful coaches have a clear sense of why they coach(purpose) and the principles that guide their everyday actions (core values).The purpose of this webinar is to share examples of how successful coaches identify, articulate, and use their purpose and core values to create a strong foundation for leadership. Wednesday, January 28, 2015 1:00 – 2:00pm EST - Miss it? ACCESS IT HERE!
- Finding your purpose as a coach
- Creating core values and a coaching philosophy that align with your purpose
- Core values and philosophies of successful coaches
- Educating your athletes and teams about core values and your coaching philosophy
Putting Athlete's Interests First for More Powerful Coaching
Leadership styles in coaching are as diverse as the coaches themselves, yet a review of the research and coaching literature shows that the most effective coaches adopt an athlete-centered leadership style. The purpose of this webinar is to discuss how successful coaches apply athlete-centered leadership styles such as transformational, servant, and altruistic leadership approaches. Wednesday, February 25, 2015 1:00 – 2:00pm EST - REGISTER NOW!
- Characteristics and examples of athlete-centered leadership
- Understanding why athlete-centered leadership leads to optimal performance
- Transformational leadership as a form of athlete-centered leadership
- Servant leadership as a form of athlete-centered leadership
Cultivating Mutual Trust and Cohesion on Teams
Effective coach leadership results in quality relationships based on mutual trust. When athletes and coaches have trust and confidence in each other, they can focus their efforts on optimizing performance instead of being plagued by doubts and fears. The purpose of this webinar is to present strategies used by successful coaches to nurture trust and cohesion with their athletes that lead to increased enjoyment, satisfaction and performance. Wednesday, March 25, 2015 1:00 – 2:00pm EST - REGISTER NOW!
- Understanding how quality relationships lead to optimal performance
- Strategies for building and sustaining quality relationships with your athletes
- Strategies for helping your athletes learn how to build and sustain quality relationships with each other