SHAPE America is proud of its partnership of more than 37 years with the American Heart Association, sponsoring Jump Rope For Heart (JRFH) and Hoops For Heart (HFH). Each year SHAPE America recognizes up to two Jump Rope For Heart and Hoops For Heart coordinators to receive the prestigious SHAPE America JRFH/HFH Recognition Award.
Award winners exemplify leadership in the Jump Rope For Heart and Hoops For Heart programs at the state, district or national level. These individuals are recognized at the SHAPE America National Convention awards ceremony, where they are honored in front of their peers for their dedication and commitment to the Jump Rope For Heart and Hoops For Heart programs.
Eligibility and Award Criteria*
The recipient shall:
- be a current member of SHAPE America
- have a minimum of three years experience as a Jump Rope For Heart/Hoops For Heart event coordinator
- maintain professional growth within their related field
- serve as a positive role model, epitomizing personal health and fitness,
enjoyment of activity and sportsmanship as well as sensitivity to the
needs of all participants
- demonstrate a commitment to the Jump Rope For Heart and/or Hoops For Heart program by serving on JRFH/HFH committees, as a demonstration team coach or as a state or district coordinator, and/or by presenting JRFH/HFH workshops or programs
How to Apply
- Applications must be submitted electronically.
- Email complete application to Yasmeen Taji-Farouki at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You will receive a confirmation email upon receipt of your complete application.
Part I — Official Application Form
Part II — Curriculum Vitae (maximum 10 pages)
Part III — Two Letters of Recommendation (one must be from a SHAPE America member)
All applications must be received by 12 a.m. EST on December 1, 2016.
Recipients will be notified in January 2017. If you have any questions regarding this award program please contact Yasmeen Taji-Farouki at email@example.com.