Mentor of the Year Award
The Mentor of the Year Award is given to an outstanding role model who encourages student involvement in professional opportunities and provides exemplary academic and professional preparation advisement.
The recipient shall:
- Currently be a member of SHAPE America and shall have held such membership for at least three (3) years.
- Full-time faculty member at an institution of higher education.
- Candidates may only be nominated by his/her chair, dean, supervisor, colleagues, and/or students
- Serve as an outstanding role model of professionalism by modeling appropriate professional behavior and positive professional standards.
- Encourage student involvement in professional opportunities, such as including students in service projects or research activities, supporting student membership in professional organizations/meetings, or enabling student attendance at professional meetings.
- Provide exemplary academic and professional preparation advisement for students.
- Serve as faculty advisor/supporter to student major club and honorary projects.