Social media is a great place to put the spotlight on the impact you are making through effective health and physical education! Use our Facebook cover photo, profile frame, social media badges and sample messages to celebrate the professions with your colleagues #BigFeats!
Follow SHAPE America on Social Media
We'll be sharing our members #BigFeats all month. Stay connected and help raise awareness of the impact health, PE and sport programs make in schools nationwide!
Join our #SHAPEPhysEd Twitter Chat: Tips, Tricks and Ideas for May Week! on April 29th
You can also follow along here by clicking latest: #SHAPEPhysEd
Next chat April 29th at 9:00 p.m. ET
Tips, Tricks and Ideas for May Week!
Panelists: Kyle Bragg; @ElemPE1, Lynn Hefele; @lynnhefele, Will Potter; @MrWillPE
- What are some of your favorite activities or success stories from National Sport and PE Week from the past?
- If I was interested in celebrating National Sport and PE Week for the first time, what would you identify as the most important step in planning activities for the week?
- This year, the theme for National Sport and PE week is “Creating a Kinder, Healthier Future for All Children.” What type of activities are you planning for National Sport and PE Week 2019?
- What are some personal and social skills that you feel students can use benefit from learning and practicing?
- How are you planning on (or: What are some activities that teachers can use) promoting kindness and/or mindfulness during National Sport and PE Week?
- What are strategies or ways that teachers can help students extend the focus on mindfulness, kindness and health beyond National Sport and PE week?
- What resources would you recommend to help teachers with mindfulness, kindness or National Sport and PE Week activities in general?