Creative Dance for All Ages, Second Edition
Creative Dance for All Ages has had a long history of providing a dance curriculum to teachers and students preparing to teach creative dance. The second edition of this classic text has been revised, reorganized and updated to meet all the needs of dance teachers, providing the theory, methods and lesson ideas for success in a variety of settings and with students of all ages.
This one-stop resource offers dance teachers everything they need, including a sequential curriculum, lesson plans, instruction strategies and assessment forms. It's like having a seasoned dance teacher at your side offering inspiration and guidance all year long.
Internationally recognized master teacher and author Anne Green Gilbert offers a complete package for teaching creative dance that includes the theory, methodology and lesson plans for a variety of settings and age groups. Gilbert also offers an entire dance curriculum for sequential teaching and learning.
The second edition of Creative Dance for All Ages includes these new features:
- An easy-to-navigate format —including a web resource —to help you quickly access the material and find lesson planning and assessment tools.
- Forty age-appropriate and brain-compatible lesson plans that are accessible through the web resource, which saves prep time and helps ensure compliance with the latest standards.
- Five downloadable video clips that demonstrate the lesson plans and teaching strategies and how to put them to work in the classroom.
- Suggestions for modifying lessons to help you include students of all abilities.
- Eight assessment forms and curriculum planning templates that you can adapt to your needs.
The book also contains these features for novice teachers to ensure effective instruction:
- The same conceptual approach to teaching dance featured in the first edition.
- A sequential dance curriculum to help you systematically cover a 10-week quarter or 16-week semester.
- Class-management tips to put you in control from the first day.