Research Grant Program
Over $600,000 in funding has been awarded through the SHAPE America Research Grant Program since its inception in 1997. The program is administered through the Research Council and is designed to fund member projects of value to the SHAPE America professions.
All grant applicants should pay special attention to 50 Million Strong. 50 Million Strong is SHAPE America's initiative to ensure that all of America's students develop the skills, knowledge and confidence to enjoy healthy, meaningful physical activity. Please get more information here.
2016-2017 Grant Program
The 2016-2017 Research Grant Program materials are located below. The deadline for submitting a Phase I Application is December 9th, 2016.
Please send all completed applications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions about the SHAPE America Research Grant Program may be directed by email to: email@example.com or by phone to: 703-476-3410.
2015-16 Grant Recipients
The 2015-2016 Research Grant Program resulted in the Research Council funding three Early Career Investigator Grants (for up to $5,000 each) and five Graduate Student Grants (for up to $2,500 each). The recipients are:
Early Career Investigator Grants
- Jihyun Lee, Sam Houston State University
- Jihoun An, East Carolina University
- Jooyeon Jin, University of Wisconsin-La Crosse
Graduate Student Grants
- Ryan Sacko, University of South Carolina
- Kim Rogers, Oregon State University
- June Lee, University of Minnesota
- Jingwen Liu, The University of Texas at Austin
- Kibum Cho, West Virginia University