Research Grant Program
Over $600,000 in funding has been awarded through the SHAPE America Research Grant Program since its inception in 1997. The program is administered through the Research Council and is designed to fund member projects of value to the SHAPE America professions.
All grant applicants should pay special attention to 50 Million Strong. 50 Million Strong is SHAPE America's initiative to ensure that all of America's students develop the skills, knowledge and confidence to enjoy healthy, meaningful physical activity. Please get more information here.
2015-2016 Grant Program
The deadline for all Phase I proposals is November 2nd, 2015.
The maximum amount awarded for the Early Career Investigator is $5,000. The maximum awarded for the Graduate Student Grant is $2,500.
Please send all completed applications to email@example.com.
Questions about the SHAPE America Research Grant Program may be directed by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone to: 703-476-3410.
2014-15 Grant Recipients
The 2014-2015 Research Grant Program resulted in the Research Council funding two Early Career Investigator Grants (for up to $5,000 each) and seven Graduate Student Grants (for up to $2,500 each). The recipients are:
Early Career Investigator Grants
- Youngdeok Kim, Texas Tech University
- Jaimie McMullen, University of Limerick
Graduate Student Grants
- Jiling Liu, Texas A&M University
- Zachary Pope, University of Minnesota
- Jessyka Larson, University of Utah
- Victoria Shiver, University of Wyoming
- Tan Zhang, University of North Carolina - Greensboro
- Eric Pisciotta, University of Nebraska at Omaha
- Jill Pawlowski, Oregon State University