Special Interest Groups
SHAPE America’s Special Interest Groups (SIGs) provide members with similar interests and/or professional specialties the opportunity to stay current on key areas in health and physical education and to contribute in various ways to the SHAPE America community.
SHAPE America members are eligible to participate in various SIGs (at no extra cost) to:
- Stay current on the latest trends in a field of interest;
- Connect with members through mySHAPE America, SHAPE America's members-only online community; and
- Facilitate networking opportunities, including during SHAPE America's National Convention & Expo.
Physical Activity Council
- Education-Based Employee Wellness
Physical Education Council
- Adapted Physical Education & Physical Activity
Professional Preparation Council
- College and University Instructional PA Programs
- Curriculum & Instruction
Two SHAPE America SIGs function independently with staff support from SHAPE America:
- Health & PE State Departments of Education and School District Leaders
- National Board Certified Teachers
To join a SIG, log in to your SHAPE America member account. Go into the My Profile section and select the Interest Areas tab to view/edit your Special Interest Groups.