Event Code of Conduct
The Event Code of Conduct outlines our expectations for all attendees, speakers, sponsors and volunteers at a SHAPE America event. Event organizers will enforce this Code and expect cooperation from all participants to help us promote a safe, inclusive and appropriate environment for everyone.
SHAPE America is dedicated to providing a harassment-free event experience for everyone, regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, ethnicity, religion (or lack thereof), or technology choices. We do not tolerate harassment of conference participants in any form.
Participants asked to stop inappropriate behavior are expected to comply immediately.
- Maintain a respectful, considerate, and courteous attitude towards everyone you engage with online, at the event, and the venue
- Secure your belongings and be mindful of your surroundings and of your fellow participants
- If there is a situation that looks concerning or could be dangerous, notify event organizers in a prompt manner
- Provide clear, valuable, honest information
- Obey all rules and regulations of the event venue and instructions of the event staff
Please do not:
- Demean, discriminate, abuse, harass, or threaten those who you engage with online, at the event, and the venue
- Spam event participants
- Post content that is obscene or otherwise objectionable
- Use a SHAPE America Event for commercial or advertising purposes. Event organizers reserve the right to escort any individual from the event who is reported to be soliciting and who is not a SHAPE America exhibitor at the event or an entity that has entered into a specific sponsorship agreement for the event.
- Post copyrighted content without permission from the owner
Reporting Violations of this Policy
If you have been (or notice that someone else has been) impacted by someone failing to adhere to this Code of Conduct or have additional concerns, please contact a member of the SHAPE America staff onsite or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
In the event of an emergency situation, please contact local authorities immediately.
Consequences of Violating this Policy
Unacceptable behavior will not be tolerated at SHAPE America. Unacceptable behavior may result in expulsion from the event without warning or refund. This may also result in prohibition from registering or attending future events.