Comprehensive School Physical Activity Program (CSPAP) Research SIG
SHAPE America's CSPAP Research SIG provides members with interest in supporting the Comprehensive School Physical Activity Program (CSPAP) multi-component framework the opportunity to stay current on research related to physical activity before, during, and after school and to contribute in various ways to the SHAPE America community.
2022-2023 Chair-Elect Call for Nominations
The CSPAP Research SIG is calling for nominations of candidates for the 2022-2023 chair-elect position. The term for this position begins in April 2022 at the conclusion of the SHAPE America National Convention & Expo.
We are asking a passionate CSPAP scholar to assume this important role. The candidate must be a CSPAP Research SIG member (by the nomination deadline) who has made notable contributions to the CSPAP community. The nomination package requires the following:
- A statement of the candidate’s work on CSPAP, prior leadership experience, and vision on growing the CSPAP Research SIG (two-page limit),
- Latest curriculum vita (abbreviated; 10-page limit).
Nominations must be received by February 28 at 11:59 p.m. EST. Please send your nominations to the CSPAP Research SIG and award selection committee chair, Dr. Tan Leng Goh, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline: February 28 at 11:59 p.m. EST
2021-2022 Innovative Paper Award
The CSPAP Research SIG is delighted to open the call for nominations for the 2021-2022 Innovative Paper Award. This award is given to the author(s) of a paper published in a refereed scholarly journal during the year prior to SHAPE America's annual National Convention & Expo.
The nominated papers will be reviewed and scored by a selection committee. The winning paper must meet the following criteria:
- Have a clear focus on CSPAP (research, practice, advocacy, and/or policy);
- Be published in a refereed scholarly journal;
- Appeared in print during the 2021 calendar year (Epub ahead of print is not eligible);
- Represent a high level of scholarship;
- Be very well written;
- Have the potential to make a significant impact to CSPAP; and
- Have a primary author (first or senior corresponding author) who is a CSPAP Research SIG member (by the nomination deadline).
Please consider nominating an outstanding paper that was published by your colleagues or yourself. Below are a set of guidelines for the nominations:
- The paper must have been published in print between January 1, 2021, and December 31, 2021 (Epub ahead of print is not eligible).
- The paper must be nominated by a CSPAP Research SIG member.
- Self-nominations are acceptable.
- Nominations must be received by the CSPAP Research SIG chair by February 28, 11:59 p.m. EST.
- Nominations must include a PDF file of the published paper and a cover letter describing the merits of the paper.
Please send your nomination to the CSPAP Research SIG and award selection committee chair, Dr. Tan Leng Goh, at email@example.com. The decision will be announced at the CSPAP Research SIG business meeting at the 2022 SHAPE America National Convention & Expo in April.
Deadline: February 28, 11:59 p.m. EST