July 31-August 1, 2019
Convention Center at the Denny Sanford Premier Center
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
300 attendees are expected from across the nation for this inaugural event!
A final program of all sessions is now available!
Presenters should dress in business casual attire. Aside from presenting, dress is casual. Dress for outside activities/dining are at the discretion of the individual.
If requested on the proposal submission, screens, LCD projectors, and microphones (if it is a larger room) will be provided. CD/DVD players, extension cords, laptops, and laser pointers are NOT provided by SHAPE America.
No, the presentation template and session arrangement are at the discretion of the presenter(s).
Presenters will upload corresponding handouts before their presentation. Specific instructions will be emailed to the presentation planner approximately a month prior to the conference.
Conference topics, sessions, and program area categories can be found here.
Click here for all information!
Yes, attendees can earn SHAPE America Contact Hours or CHES credits. In order to be granted credit, CEU and CHES packets will need to be purchased (either online when registering for the conference or on-site), completed, and turned in prior to leaving the conference. Credits will be evaluated, and certificates will be issued via email up to a month after the conclusion of the conference.
SHAPE America is happy to make any necessary changes to your proposal. Please email email@example.com and formally request to have your proposal modified and/or scanned to view. Please provide your reference ID# and proposal title in the email.
Please contact SHAPE America via email at firstname.lastname@example.org and formally request to have your proposal withdrawn. Please provide your reference ID# and proposal title in the email. After a formal withdrawal, your submission cannot be resubmitted for consideration.
Nearing the conference, every situation will be handled on a case-by-case basis. No-show and late cancellations will be recorded and may impact future acceptance decisions.
The SHAPE America team is currently finalizing specific dates and times for each session and will notify proposal planners via email soon.
Upon submission of your proposal, it is outlined that you and your presenters must be available anytime during the week of the scheduled conference (July 31st - August 1st). Therefore, we do not accept requests for specific programming dates.
Visit the conference webpage for all registration details.
Register by June 5, 2019 and save up to $50! View all registration rates here.
All cancellations must be received by email to email@example.com at least 14 days prior to the start of the event. A $25 processing fee applies to all cancellations. After this date, NO REFUNDS will be issued.
At this time, SHAPE America does not offer reduced registration fees or speaker stipends to attend the conference.
Lunch will be provided both Wednesday and Thursday.
All housing information can be found here.
The hotel reservation cut-off date is June 30, 2019.
- 123 acre park with waterfalls, historic buildings and sculptures, trails, and a café with picnic tables
- In the visitor center, there is a free observation tower that offers a panoramic view of the city and park.
- The easiest way to get there is “Phillips to the Falls,” a walking/driving route down Phillips Avenue from 5th Street to Falls Park.
- 26 miles of paved trails that weave through downtown, the Big Sioux River, and Falls Park
- You can rent bikes for the trail at Nyberg's Ace (downtown location) and Spoke-N-Sport.
- Known for its unique tasting room constructed out of straw bales and its beautiful farm setting
- The Summer Porch Series is a fun-filled evening with live music, art, food, and wine! The event takes place on Thursdays from 5-8pm.
- Each year, 50 new sculptures are loaned to the exhibit for one year. Look for a ballot box on Phillips Avenue; vote for your favorite sculpture to be in the running towards “People’s Choice Award” and kept in the city’s permanent collection!
- The Arc of Dreams is a new sculpture that will be completed in May. It spans over the Big Sioux River – you can’t miss it!
- There is a downtown block party starting at 5:30pm and admission is free! Find more information here.
- The Greatest Show on H2O is a water-skiing comedy adventure with amazing stunts! The event starts at 7pm at Catfish Bay Water Ski Park.
- Outdoor University is an annual event that allows you try outdoor skills like canoeing, fishing, archery, shooting, outdoor cooking and more! There will be food trucks all day and admission is free!
- The cost is $2/day. There are designated stops downtown and at Falls Park. Click here for operating schedule.
- Has 11 routes covering Sioux Falls and most attractions! View rates, routes, and schedules here.
*Sioux Falls Regional Airport (FSD) is less than 10 minutes to downtown!
To get to and from the airport: