Hall of Fame Award
The Hall of Fame Award honors outstanding individuals who make significant contributions to maintaining physical and health education, physical activity, dance and sport as important parts of the total educational program.
The recipient(s) shall:
- Currently be a member of SHAPE America and shall have held such membership for at least five (5) years.
- Successful career as a faculty member, coach, director of athletics, leader in an educational sport organization or researcher or administrator in a college or university setting or school district.
- Significant contributions to maintaining physical or health education, physical activity, sport or dance as an equitable and integral part of the total education program or recognized leadership of a quality physical/health education or physical activity program.
- Furthers the image of physical or health education, healthy physical activity, sport and dance.
- Symbolizes the educational and developmental potentials of physical education, healthy physical activity, sport and dance.
- Educational contributions of national significance through the medium of physical or health education, healthy physical activity, sport or dance and identified sub-disciplines through teaching and/or administration.
- Evidence of social and humanitarian concerns.
- Service to the profession at the national, regional, and/or state levels.