Bill Kane Undergraduate Scholarship
The award is a $1,000 scholarship awarded annually to an undergraduate student. Recipients may spend the award in any manner they desire. Recipients will also receive a one-year complimentary student membership in SHAPE America. The application materials must be received by October 15
. The recipient will be notified by January 15.
- The award is open to any student officially recognized as an undergraduate health education major at an accredited college/university in the United States or a U.S. territory.
- To be eligible, the applicant must be currently enrolled full-time (12 hours) at a college or university for both the fall and spring semesters of the academic year during which the student is applying. The student must have sophomore, junior or senior status at the time of application.
- Applicants must have a minimum, current overall grade point average of 3.25 on a 4.0 scale at the SHAPE America application deadline.
Prior SHAPE America undergraduate award recipients may not apply.
Complete the online application form and the application materials listed below, which must be received by October 15 of each year. The application and accompanying documents must be typed, double-spaced, in a 12-point font. At the end of the online application submission, you will be asked to directly attach each of the required application materials. Incomplete submissions will not be reviewed.
The online application form includes the following sections:
- Attach a current resume that includes extracurricular/service activities (professional organizations, school, community) and any academic honors, awards, etc. within the past two years.
- Attach a double-spaced, typed essay about your approach to health education, career interests, and professional goals - what you hope to accomplish as a health educator in training and in the future. (Your essay must be approximately 400 - 450 words in length in a 12-point font.)
- Submit two (2) letters of recommendation from your professors. Each professor should address, to the fullest extent possible, academic status, leadership potential, involvement in health education profession related activities and organizations, and their perception of the student's future contributions to the profession as a professional health education specialist.
- Attach a current official transcript PDF of all college study completed, including the fall semester.
(Please have all application materials finalized before completing the online application.)
For Applicant Adviser/Professor
Letter of Recommendation