Bill Kane Undergraduate Scholarship
The award is a $1,000 scholarship awarded annually to an undergraduate student. Recipients may spend the award in any manner they desire. Recipients will also receive a one-year complimentary student membership in SHAPE America. The application materials must be received by October 15
- The award is open to any student officially recognized as an undergraduate health education major at an accredited college/university in the United States or a U.S. territory.
- To be eligible, the applicant must be currently enrolled full-time (12 hours) at a college or university for both the fall and spring semesters of the academic year during which the student is applying. The student must have sophomore, junior or senior status at the time of application.
- Applicants must have a minimum, current overall grade point average of 3.25 on a 4.0 scale at the SHAPE America application deadline.
Prior SHAPE America undergraduate award recipients may not apply.
Complete the online application form and submit the requested documents listed below. Applications must be received by October 15.
The online application form includes the following sections:
- Resume - attach a current resume that includes extracurricular/service activities (professional organizations, school, community) and any academic honors, awards, etc. within the past two years.
- Essay - attach an essay describing your interest in health education, career and professional goals and what you hope to accomplish as a health educator in training and in the future. (Your essay must be approximately 400 - 450 words in length)
- Transcript - attach a current transcript PDF of all college study completed, including the fall semester.
(Please have all application materials finalized before completing the online application.)