SPEAK Out! Day
February 13-14, 2024
For more than a decade, SHAPE America has worked to build relationships on Capitol Hill and establish a strong voice for our profession, which has led to more federal support and funding for health and physical education programs. Why were we able to achieve these successes? Because our voices are stronger together.
With an uphill battle ahead for federal funding increases, it is more important than ever to build relationships with Congress and advocate in-person. Please join us for SPEAK Out! Day on February 13-14, 2024, to help educate legislators about the importance of effective health and physical education. We need your help!
2024 Preliminary Agenda
SHAPE America is happy, once again, to offer travel scholarships to attend SPEAK! Out Day.
- Tuesday, February 13: SPEAK Out! Day Prep Session (1:00 – 5:30 p.m.) – Crowne Plaza
- During the prep session you will receive training on the state of play in Congress, meeting talking points, and recent legislation impacting education. This training is critical in ensuring you are prepared to represent SHAPE America in your meetings with members of Congress.
- Wednesday, February 14: On Capitol Hill (8:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.)
- 8:00am: Bus departs for Capitol Hill
- 8:30am-3:00pm: Meetings with Congress
- 3:30pm: Bus departs Capitol Hill for airport and hotel