Meeting Dates: August 7 & 14, 2023 at 7:00 p.m. ET
In this two-part, workshop-style webinar series, participants will learn more about social and emotional learning (SEL) in physical education from Paul M. Wright and Kevin Andrew Richards, co-authors of the book Teaching Social and Emotional Learning in Physical Education.
Workshop-style webinars are a form of professional learning that incorporate both instructional and discussion-based components that allow for more engagement between speakers and attendees, as well as more attendee-to-attendee engagement.
Each of the 90-minute sessions will include pre-readings, additional perspective from the authors, and opportunities for engagement with colleagues across the country. You will leave this webinar series with strategies on how to implement and integrate these concepts in your gymnasium!
- Describe the five components of CASEL’s SEL framework.
- Identify at least three ways the CASEL framework connects to physical education standards and objectives.
- Understand how SEL can be integrated with existing best practices in physical education.
- Explore planning for SEL objectives within your physical education setting.
- Discuss how to assess for SEL objectives within your physical education setting.
- $70 Select and Premier Members
- $85 Basic Members
- $100 Non-Members