Candidates Wanted to Serve on Journal Editorial Boards
Two of our member journals, JOPERD and Strategies, are seeking candidates to serve on their Editorial Boards. The term is three years beginning immediately following the annual SHAPE America National Convention & Expo. The eligibility requirements are as follows:
- Be a SHAPE America member
- Have prior experience as a reviewer and/or writer for the journal
- Not currently serving on the Editorial Board of another publication or serving on a SHAPE America committee during the three-year term
To be considered as an Editorial Board member for either journal, please submit a current vita, including confirmation of the requirements above, to [email protected]. Please use “Editorial Board Candidate for [Name of Journal]” as the subject line.
Call for Reviewers for JOPERD and Strategies
Are you interested in contributing to the profession by serving as a reviewer for SHAPE America's practical journals, JOPERD and Strategies? The qualified professionals who serve as reviewers work together with the author and editor to achieve excellence in publishing.
Both journals publish practical, rather than research or theoretical articles. Reviewers are asked to review submitted manuscripts for accuracy and appropriateness, not to act as a copy editor.
- JOPERD provides information on a variety of health education, physical education, recreation and dance issues at the K-12 and PETE levels.
- Strategies: A Journal for Physical and Sport Educators publishes how-to articles for sport and physical education professionals.
In order to serve as a reviewer, applicants must:
- Be familiar with each journal’s Guidelines for Authors. JOPERD guidelines can be found here and Strategies guidelines can be found here
- Read the journals regularly to understand typical content
- Be familiar with current research, issues and trends
- Be able to ascertain technical accuracy and information validity/reliability
- Be familiar with other periodicals in HPERD
- Preferably have prior experience as a reviewer for another HPERD journal and/or as an author for JOPERD or Strategies
To be considered as a reviewer, please submit a current vita, including any publications and previous experience as a reviewer, to [email protected]. Please use “Journal Reviewer” as the subject line and specify which journal
(or both) you would be interested in reviewing for.
AJHE Call for Editorial Reviewers
The American Journal of Health Education (AJHE) is seeking candidates to serve as manuscript editorial reviewers. Editorial reviewers will be asked to commit to reviewing up to 4 papers per year in their self-designated area(s) of interest. In order to serve as a reviewer, applicants must:
- Have prior experience as a reviewer for other health education journals and/or as a writer for AJHE
- Be familiar with the AJHE Guidelines for Authors found here
- Read the journal regularly to understand contemporary health education content
- Be familiar with current research, issues, and trends in health education
- Be able to determine the technical accuracy of health education information and be able to assess the validity and reliability of research methodology
- Be familiar with other periodicals in the health education field
To be considered, please submit a current vita, including confirmation of the requirements above, to [email protected].