Leave a lasting impact through planned giving and the SHAPE America Legacy Society
Planned gifts ensure that future generations of students will benefit from quality health and physical education programs (HPE).
Small Gifts Can Make a Big Impact
Members of the SHAPE America Legacy Society are forward-thinking individuals who support SHAPE America through their estate or other planned gift. They honor the organization’s mission to advance professional practice and promote research related to health and physical education, physical activity, dance and sport, as well as our vision for all children to be prepared to lead healthy, physically active lives.
There are many ways to support SHAPE America’s professional development programs, advocacy initiatives, and health and physical education resources, while receiving tax benefits for yourself, your family, and your heirs.
Ways of giving
- Bequests - the simplest and most common of all planned gifts that allows you to support SHAPE America through your will
- Outright Gifts - gifts of cash or securities given to SHAPE America for immediate use
- Retirement Assets - assets accumulated through your retirement plans can benefit SHAPE America and reduce your tax burden
- Life Insurance Gifts - policies with a large cash value are a great way to support SHAPE America without tapping resources you or your heirs may need
- Charitable Income Trusts - many different trusts allow you to give financial considerations for your family as well as for a charity like SHAPE America whether for a set period of time or in the future
- Charitable Lead Trusts - allow assets to grow over a period of time while at the same time giving contributions to an individual or a charity such as SHAPE America
Recognition of your gift
Unless you prefer to remain anonymous, SHAPE America will honor you through prominent acknowledgement on our website, and a special event held during the SHAPE America National Convention & Expo.
Please let us know if you have already made a gift
If you have already included SHAPE America in your will or other estate plans, please let us know by completing and returning the Declaration of Intent form. We would like to welcome you into the SHAPE America Legacy Society.
SHAPE America encourages you to discuss your ideas for giving with your legal or financial advisors. Any information provided by SHAPE America is not intended as tax, legal or financial advice. For more information on how you can leave a lasting legacy to SHAPE America, please contact Beth Bennett, Senior Director, Development & Outreach, at (703) 476-3468 or email firstname.lastname@example.org